Institute of Motion Mentorships Level 1
What is the Institute of Motion Mentorship all about?
Our industry is changing! As Personal Trainers and Health Practitioners we are understanding that just exercise and nutrition alone is not the answer for a healthy life!
At IoM, we go beyond the basics of exercise programming and fundamentals of how our body works and look at a holistic approach to Health and Wellness. We discuss the future of Personal Training and it’s 'changing role' as we move towards the need to become Health Coaches for health prevention and not just quick fixes. We promote Self Care strategies to help individuals move better so they can move more.
At IoM we have created a different approach to Health and Wellness. We don’t just look at the physicality of things, we dive deep into understanding the physical and its connection to the body as a unit. We examine our inner systems and understanding the connection to our mental and social wellbeing status.
We develop strategies for the body to constantly change and adapt to the stress responses created within us and our environment. We give you the tools for a successful 'Health Prevention Strategy' to make you vibrant, healthy and well.
Health Coaching Fundamentals Part I:
Institute of Motion (IoM) Part 1 looks at 'Preventive Health' and creates understanding about what we have to do in everyday life for a vibrant life with longevity. We do this in several ways:
- Prevention Health Movement Science - Understanding and looking at our body systems and seeing how they integrate and work as a unit. We dive deep into the Neural, Muscle, Fascia and Bone Health systems.
- Prevention Health Movement Strategies - We look at the physical components of exercise giving practical templates for Ground to Standing, Warding Patterns, Shifting Mass, Hip Decoupling, Flows and Restorative Poses.
- Habit Coaching for Wellness - A big part of being a coach is knowing your scope of practice and knowing when to outsource or refer on. In part I of the IoM Mentorship, we spend a lot of time looking at the 'Disruptors’ in our life and programs. We then implement a system for health coaching and building a network of professionals around our health community. We break down and examine office wellness and what we can do to create a more healthy environment.
Health Coaching Fundamentals Part II:
Programming is where the rubber hits the road! As trainers and coaches it is essential for us to create successful strategies around programming to give the clients results for a healthy life. Unfortunately our industry does not teach how to program for life very well.
IoM uses its program methodology based on the 4Q system and 6 step approach, allowing you to simplify and break down everything you are currently doing to systemise and rationalise all elements of health coaching.
Part II examines Strength, Power, MetCon, Weight Loss, Recreational athletes and Successful Aging. We look at dosage response and what to implement for all client bases.
- Explore Fundamental Strength and Power needs for Successful Aging - Different types of clients have different needs! We define the various types of strength and power and look at how to implement these using IoM Methodology.
- Assessment solutions for gauging strength and power needs - If you are not assessing, you are guessing
- Metabolic conditioning for Health - After defining metabolic conditioning using the 4Q met, we organise the Metcon into 4 quadrants mapping out dosage response.
- Introduce a brand new on-boarding strategy questionnaire - The most important factor in creating a program comes down to the time spent and the information you acquire from your clients. This becomes your ‘Bible’ for health coaching, enabling to look at all elements of their life and set achievable goals.
Health Coaching Solutions for Weight Loss, Recreational Athletes and successful Aging.
We give you the template to create a powerful Health coaching program, establish a fantastic Health Coach referral network, give you credibility and authority in the Health Coach space and allow you to become the guide by their side helping them on their journey of life!
March 21-23, 2018 | Casuarina Beach NSW
March 24-26, 2018 | Casuarina Beach NSW