The Integrative Movement System™ Foundations Program
One of the most challenging aspects when working with the general population, especially the baby boomer, senior, and or client that presents with multiple health issues, is knowing where to begin and how to appropriately progress them towards their goals. In this interactive, virtual intensive, you will discover the foundation for helping your clients optimize their performance so they can effectively and safely accomplish their health and fitness goals.
During this 21-hour intensive online workshop, you will be guided through asystematic approach to assessments, corrective exercise, and functional exerciseprogressions for the core, hips, and shoulders. Additionally, you’ll understand whyhaving a systematic process is far more valuable and reliable than simply having atoolbox full of random exercises. While you will add to your exercise library, moreimportantly, you’ll know when and how to use the most appropriate exercises and progressions.
Finally, you’ll be able to apply the principles – alignment, breathing,and control – to create both short and long-term changes in your client’s postureand movement while alleviating chronic tension and improving performance.You’ll leave this intensive understanding and being able to work with commonmedical issues such osteoarthritis (of the spine, hip and shoulder) as well as thebest-practice approaches to training clients with low back tightness, disc problems,and spinal stenosis.
You’ll leave understanding how to apply a consistent andreliable process to assess, address, and progress your clients with chronic shoulderand hip issues. And you’ll leave with the tools and strategies to differentiateyourself in the marketplace and attract more individuals that want and need yourexpertise.
*While we will make every attempt to adhere to the listed schedule, dates and times are subject to change. In the unfortunate event that a portion of the program must be rescheduled, you will be notified as soon as possible about the dates and times.
Dates: Fridays – October 1, 8, 15*
Times: 12:00pm – 5:00pm CST (breaks each day)*
Day 1: Friday, October 1st – The Core
- You will discover how the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ – alignment, breathing, and control – are key to the development of optimal posture and movement.
- You will be able to perform a functional assessment of your client’s core (thoracopelvic cylinder) to determine range of motion and stability of the trunk, spine, and pelvis.
- You will be able to apply the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ to the most appropriate corrective and functional exercise progressions to improve core function.
Day 2: Friday, October 8th – The Lower Extremity
- You will discover how the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ –alignment, breathing, and control – relate to the development of optimalfunction of the hip complex and lower extremity.
- You will be able to perform a functional assessment of your client’s hip todetermine range of motion and stability of the lower extremity.
- You will be able to apply the principles of the Integrative Movement System™to the most appropriate corrective and functional exercise progressions toimprove hip, knee and ankle-foot function.
Day 3: Friday, October 15th – The Upper Extremity
- You will discover how the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ –alignment, breathing, and control – relate to the development of optimalfunction of the shoulder and upper extremity.
- You will be able to perform a functional assessment of your client’s shouldercomplex to determine range of motion and stability of the upper extremity.
- You will be able to apply the principles of the Integrative Movement System™to the most appropriate corrective and functional exercise progressions toimprove shoulder function.
About the Integrative Movement System™
The Integrative Movement System™ (IMS) was developed by Dr. Evan Osar,Chiropractic Physician and Jenice Mattek, Licensed Massage Therapist. They developed the Integrative Movement System™ because early in their careers they couldn’t find a reliable and consistent strategy for training real-world folks like the Active Aging (baby boomer and seniors), clients with an extensive medical history, and those individuals coming out of rehab and still experiencing chronic tightness, weakness, and inability to perform at the level they wanted.
The IMS has successfully helped thousands of individuals accomplish their health and fitnessgoals and enabled professionals like yourself differentiate yourself in the industry. The Integrative Movement System™ is based upon the principles that guide the development of optimal posture and movement. It is a three-phase process that first guides a client through history and assessment to discover underling habits contributing to chronic tightness, discomfort, and or inability to perform at an optimal level. Next, the individual is given the most appropriate corrective exercises so that they develop more optimal posture and movement habits.
Finally, theindividual is progressed through the fundamental movement patterns – squatting,lunging, bending, rotating, pushing, pulling, balancing, walking, and carrying. This process empowers you to assist your clients to progress towards effectively and safely accomplishing their health and fitness goals. We are confident that you will not look at your training – or your education – the same after completing this program.
Dr. Evan Osar and Jenice Mattek